If you are using wamp in a windows machine,its quite hard to send mail through native php mail function or sendmail or SMTP.But you can use PHP Mailer program to send mail from localhost.It bypasses native mail,sendmail methods.It works well on windows as well as *nix machines.
Download PHP Mailer from http://sourceforge.net/projects/phpmailer/files/phpmailer%20for%20php5_6/ or from http://phpmailer.worxware.com/
$mail = new PHPMailer();
$body="<b>This mail is sent using PHP Mailer</b>";#HTML tags can be included
$mail->SMTPAuth = true; #enable SMTP authentication
$mail->SMTPSecure = "ssl"; #sets the prefix to the server
$mail->Host = "smtp.gmail.com"; #sets GMAIL as the SMTP server
$mail->Port = 465; #set the SMTP port
$mail->Username = ""; #your gmail username
$mail->Password = ""; #Your gmail password
$mail->From = ""; #your gmail id
$mail->FromName = ""; #your name
$mail->Subject = "Subject of the mail";
$mail->WordWrap = 50;
$mail->AddAddress("recipient mail id","recipient name");
$mail->IsHTML(true); // send as HTML
echo "Mailer Error: " . $mail->ErrorInfo;
echo "Message has been sent";
You can also send mail with attachments.For more info refer the documentation of PHP Mailer.
Change SMTP Host,port,authentication only if sure of what you are doing.
This is a simple trick to install .deb packages in any Debian based distributions.Even though you can install packages offline, but you need Internet to download packages.Download packages from your friend’s computer or any other browsing center.
- Open Administration->Synaptic manager.
Download package via synaptic because, it will download all dependencies.It makes our work easier
- Mark packages that you want to install,in this case download.
- After marking all the packages.Open File->Generate script.This will generate script and save it.
- Open Applications->Terminal.Go to the location where you saved the script.Execute the following command.
sudo sh script name
- All packages will be downloaded.Copy all the packages in your thumb drive.
- Plug the thumb drive into your system.Copy all the contents to your home folder.
- Open Terminal,go to to the place where you pasted the packages and execute the following command.
sudo dpkg --force-depends -i *.deb
–force-depends option will install packages without checking dependencies
- This will install all packages.That’s it.
Open your favorite text editor and create a new text file.Populate the text file with the following code:
Comment=Contains removed files
Save this file as Trash.Desktop.That’s it.You should see Trash can in desktop.
Recently I came across a software named OpenkM which is a document management system.I tested in it my machine and found it is really useful.It used to manage documents,records and other contents of organization.The most important thing is it is opensource,So the software free to download and use.It’s GUI is very simple and easy to use.To know more about it visit