When you install wamp, www will be the default folder to put your site and it will be accessed by http://localhost/site-name.But how can one run site that exists outside www folder.Here ‘s the simple solution
Create a folder in any one of your parititons.Here i have created a folder called trunk in C:\ drive.
- Right click the wamp icon click and go Apache->Alias directories->add an alias
A new command window will be opened
- Enter the only(without ant relative or absolute path) the name of the folder that you created and hit enter.
- Now specify the path where the folder is located and hit enter.
Thats it alias created.Site can be accessed with this url http://localhost/trunk.Store all the files in the folder that you created.
Here are the some useful shortcut keys for windows.
Microsoft natural keyboard shortcuts
- Windows Logo – Display or hide the Start menu
- Windows Logo+BREAK – Display the System Properties dialog box
- Windows Logo+D – Display the desktop
- Windows Logo+M – Minimize all of the windows
- Windows Logo+SHIFT+M – Restore the minimized windows
- Windows Logo+E – Open My Computer
- Windows Logo+F – Search for a file or a folder
- CTRL+Windows Logo+F – Search for computers
- Windows Logo+F1 – Display Windows Help
- Windows Logo+ L – Lock the keyboard
- Windows Logo+R – Open the Run dialog box
- Windows Logo+U – Open Utility Manager
Windows Explorer keyboard shortcuts
Continue reading “Useful Windows Shortcut Keys”
This is a simple trick to install .deb packages in any Debian based distributions.Even though you can install packages offline, but you need Internet to download packages.Download packages from your friend’s computer or any other browsing center.
- Open Administration->Synaptic manager.
Download package via synaptic because, it will download all dependencies.It makes our work easier
- Mark packages that you want to install,in this case download.
- After marking all the packages.Open File->Generate script.This will generate script and save it.
- Open Applications->Terminal.Go to the location where you saved the script.Execute the following command.
sudo sh script name
- All packages will be downloaded.Copy all the packages in your thumb drive.
- Plug the thumb drive into your system.Copy all the contents to your home folder.
- Open Terminal,go to to the place where you pasted the packages and execute the following command.
sudo dpkg --force-depends -i *.deb
–force-depends option will install packages without checking dependencies
- This will install all packages.That’s it.
If you are running Linux and xp in a same machine,you face the problem of accessing Linux ext partitions in xp because by default xp wont support ext partitions.But you can access it with the help of an open source software called Ext2fsd.
You can get Ext2fsd from here:
- It can’t access ext4 parititons
- Won’t work in Windows 7